[freetds] Does FreeTDS support access to SQL Server 2000/2005 from HPUX 11i on 64-bit Itanium

Betty Gwon Betty-Gwon at gnc-hq.com
Mon May 18 08:43:13 EDT 2009

Hello,

We are trying to convert our Database server from HPUX PA-Risc2 (32-bit)
to HPUX Itanium (64-bit).  We have a 3rd party application that extracts
data from a SQL Server 2000 database server.   This process worked fine
using the Freetds software with UnixODBC on the HPUX PA-Risc2 (32-bit).
However, it is not working on the Itanium server.  They are telling me
they it is not supported.  Can someone please tell me if I can use
FreeTDS to extract data from an SQL server 2000 and a SQL Server 2005
server from an Itanium (64-bit) server?

Thanks,
Betty