[freetds] newbe

Gennady Vayl vaylg at hotmail.com
Sun May 3 11:22:40 EDT 2009

Thanks,

I am past the iconv problem. Now I have a new one. I'm trying to connect to SQL server 2005.
Using the same tsql command as before I get the following errors...

locale is "C C C C C C"
locale charset is "ISO8859-1"
Password:
Msg 20017, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Unexpected EOF from the server
Msg 20002, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
Adaptive Server connection failed
There was a problem connecting to the server

Here's some additional info that's required prior to sending you guys stuff:
SQL Server version: SQL Server 2005
FreeTDS version (or snapshot date, if not a release): Latest stable release installed last Friday
which client library you are using ???
what language or Perl module, as appropriate, you're using: not using one still testing with tsql
your client OS and hardware architecture: Old alpha machine V5.1 OSF1