[freetds] newbe

Gennady Vayl vaylg at hotmail.com
Sat May 2 17:53:05 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm running on Unix. This server is old so it may not have everything up to date.
I installed FreeTDS and tried to run the test with the tsql command.

After I run this command:

tsql -H (ipaddress of server, also tried machine name) -p 1433 -U
      (username, also tried domain/user name) -P password

I get the following error:
 iconv.c:354: failed assertion `ret == 0'
 Abort (core dumped)
Does anyone know what this means? What I'm doing wrong? The install seemed to work ok?

I'm new to this so I'm sorry if I just asked a stupid question.

Thanks,

-vaylg