[freetds] Uninstallation of freetds

Thomas, Christopher (LLU) cwthomas at llu.edu
Thu Apr 9 17:10:51 EDT 2009

Hello,

If Freetds is installed using rpm packages, it is easy to uninstall.
Here are the instructions:
First determine if Freetds was installed via rpm packages by running
the following command:

rpm -qa | grep freetds

If it returns a list of items like, freetds, freetds-devel and others
like that, then Freetds was installed via rpm. To uninstall the
Freetds rpm packages this is the syntax:

rpm -e package_name_here

You need to run the command for every Freetds package listed in the
first command. For example:

rpm -e freetds

If Freetds was not installed via rpm, then I don't know how to
uninstall Freetds.

Chris