[freetds] libtdsocdbc.so

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Fri Sep 19 09:29:04 EDT 2008

> I have downloaded and compiled freetds-0.82 in my linux environment.
> I am able to connect to SQLServer using tsql. I need to connect to
> SQLServer in a C/C++ program. To do this through ODBC, I need the
> libtdsodbc.so,
> which was not generated when I did the make and make install. I have
> noticed
> that freetds-0.82/src/odbc directory is missing the isql.h
> and isqlext.h
> files.
> Is odbc for freetds still in development or I missed
> something? Any help
> will
> be greatly appreciated.

I would say yes :)

isql.h/isqlext.h or sql.h/sqlext.h are DM (DriverManager) files. You have to choose which
DM you want to use (iODBC or unixODBC in Linux, Ubuntu and RedHat use unixODBC) install it
and also install development files (-dev or -devel package usually), than you can compile
FreeTDS (it detect automatically which DM to use and compile it).
More informations on our UserGuide, as usual.