[freetds] post82.diff

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Sun Sep 14 00:34:55 EDT 2008

Jeremy Kister wrote:
> i've downloaded freetds-stable.tgz and tried to patch with post82.diff
> from  sourceforge..  but it doesn't apply cleanly..

We're now generating a patched stable release nightly.  It includes all
the patches to the release branch.  At some point it will become a "point
release" (no pun intended), in this case 0.82.1

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/freetds-patched.tgz

I'd be interested to hear your experience with that.

To answer your questions:

> freetds-0.82 has no src/pool/stream.c

It was removed from the distribution in July 2005.  I'm not sure why.  It
might be an error, because the module lives on in CVS, as you know.  I've
attached the file.

> gcc -D_REENTRANT -pthreads -g -O2 -Wdeclaration-after-statement -o
> .libs/fisql fisql.o terminal.o edit.o handlers.o interrupt.o
> ../../dblib/.libs/libsybdb.so /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so
> -L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
> ../../replacements/.libs/libreplacements.a -lnsl -lsocket -lcurses
> -lreadline -R/usr/local/lib
>   symbol                             in file
> hmac_md5                            ../../dblib/.libs/libsybdb.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/fisql
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [fisql] Error 1

Current CVS sources contain no reference to hmac_md5 in src/dblib/*.  I
don't know how yours came to have that reference.  I'd suggest you try the
patched version at the above link and see how that goes.

HTH.