[freetds] connecting to MSSQL 2005

Jeremy Kister freetds-04 at jeremykister.com
Mon Sep 8 00:30:34 EDT 2008

On 9/7/2008 12:14 PM, James K. Lowden wrote:
> Also, you can bypass the whole lookup mechanism with:
>
> 	$ TDSVER=7.0 tsql -H host -p port -U user -P passwd

with your help, i've got tsql connecting with the above syntax.

dbd::sybase works with tdsver=7.0 as well.

But with 8.0, i there are still issues, identical to that discussed back in
2007q3 at: http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/freetds/2007q3/022365.html --
unfortunately there was no published resolution.

I posted all the versions of software in a previous post.  a tdsdump is at
http://jeremy.kister.net/tmp/tdsdump.txt

any new ideas on what I can look for?

BTW, was the patch I posted correct ?

--