[freetds] I am Not getting connection.. to SQL SERVER

Hema Gonaboina hema.gonaboina at solivar.com
Fri Aug 22 03:50:33 EDT 2008

Hi Guys !
I installed the FreeTDS based the rules through the below link..
 http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoConnectToMicrosoftSQLServerFromRailsOnLinux

I installed the FreeTDS
 # tsql -S YOUR_DB_DEFINITION_NAME -U USERNAME -P PASSWORD The Command Worked fine
> The Server located in remote system.. it's name is the rohitm(System Name) in which the sqlserver presented
> The database name which i have to connect is hsaedi_development
user name is "sa"

 My /etc/odbc.ini File is as below
[SqlDB]
Driver	= FreeTDS
Description	= ODBC via FreeTDS
Server	= rohitm
Port	= 1433
Database	= hsaedi_development
User	= sa
Password	= password
Mars_Connection	= No
Logging	= 0
LogFile	=

/etc/odbcinst.ini File is as below

[FreeTDS]
Description	= TDS driver (Sybase/MS SQL)
Driver	= /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Setup	= /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsS.so
CPTimeout	=
CPReuse	=
FileUsage	= 1
DontDLClose	= 1
UsageCount	= 1

Now the command # isql SqlDB sa sa123 throwing the error

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Can AnyOne Help me regarding these Where i went wrong i can't understand