[freetds] cannot change query state from IDLE to PENDING

Huffman, Scott B. scottb.huffman at firstdata.com
Wed Aug 13 15:00:02 EDT 2008

I've searched high and low for this issue but have not found it.

I have ruby on rails running on Suse connect to Microsoft Sql Server
2005 via unixOdbc/FreeTDS (freetds-0.82.dev.20080707).

I am intermittently getting "(util.c:110):logic error: cannot change
query state from IDLE to PENDING" errors.  It seems that under high
load, I'm clicking links as if I'm playing wack-a-mole, eventually a
query is attempted before FreeTDS is ready for it.

Is this an issue that has been dealt with?

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this
received this communication in error, please notify First Data
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.