[freetds] Backporting NTLMv2 (was: NTLMv2 support for domain logins using freetds)

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Thu Jul 31 11:27:36 EDT 2008

Hi,
  I quite finished merging Sergey Sikorskiy patch for NTLMv2. Well... to say all I'm quite
ready for backport but I have a problem... compatibility. Currently CVS HEAD
implementation use NTLMv2 always. There is no problem to add a use_ntlmv2 to TDSCONNECTION
but this require a new option to set this flag, all this require less than 10 rows, the
problem is not implementation, but mainly compatibility. If we add an option is supposed
that this option will work on future versions... or not?? Personally I think that if
NTLMv2 is available use it or use former version, but how to detect this?? I currently
don't know... perhaps if Target Info is available use it? I don't have so many
environment/versions of windows to test with.. which version does not support NTLMv2??

Regards
  Frediano