[freetds] AIX 5.3 Make problem

Andrew Russell andrewr at dbu.edu
Fri Jul 25 15:48:16 EDT 2008

Andrew Russell wrote:
> /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link xlc_r -D_THREAD_SAFE  -g
> -L/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib -o bsqlodbc  bsqlodbc-bsqlodbc.o
> -lodbc   ../replacements/libreplacements.la  -lpthreads  libtool: link:
> xlc_r -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -o bsqlodbc bsqlodbc-bsqlodbc.o
> -L/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib -lodbc
> ../replacements/.libs/libreplacements.a -lpthreads ld: 0711-317 ERROR:
> Undefined symbol: .SQLGetDiagField

That seems to mean /usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib/libodbc.* is not
exporting the ODBC functions.  I'm not an AIX user and can't tell you
specifically what tool to use to check that.  On NetBSD we use nm(1):

$ nm /usr/local/lib/libodbc.so.1 | grep SQLGetDiagField
0001a270 T SQLGetDiagField
0001a234 T SQLGetDiagFieldA
0002dd00 T SQLGetDiagFieldW

and the T means the library provides the function.

HTH.

--jkl
>>> "James K. Lowden" <jklowden at freetds.org> 7/25/2008 2:27 PM >>>

When I run nm on that file, I get nothing.  Where do I go from here?

This e-mail message, including any files and attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or personal information. Individual recipients of this e-mail message are expected to honor the internal and confidential nature of the e-mail and not forward it via the Internet or by any other means to persons who are not listed as addressees without proper authorization.  If you are not an intended recipient of this email, do not save, disclose, print, forward or copy this email, and delete it immediately.  Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be a violation of federal and/or state law and regulations.

If you receive this information in error, please immediately notify Dallas Baptist University via telephone at 214-333-5500 or via email at info at dbu.edu.  Dallas Baptist University hereby claims all applicable privileges related to this information.