[freetds] AIX 5.3 Make problem

Andrew Russell andrewr at dbu.edu
Fri Jul 25 14:23:05 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a problem building FreeTDS 8.2 on a 64 bit platform.

I use:

./configure --with-unixodbc=/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC --disable-gui --disable-drivers CC=xlc_r CXX=xlC_r
I then copy in the new libtool like Denis suggested in his directions posted on the news page.

I then run:

make clean
make

At this point I get the following error:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link xlc_r -D_THREAD_SAFE  -g   -L/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib -o bsqlodbc  bsqlodbc-bsqlodbc.o -lodbc   ../replacements/libreplacements.la  -lpthreads
libtool: link: xlc_r -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -o bsqlodbc bsqlodbc-bsqlodbc.o  -L/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib -lodbc ../replacements/.libs/libreplacements.a -lpthreads
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLGetDiagField
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLGetDiagRec
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLNumResultCols
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLDescribeCol
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLBindCol
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLFetch
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLMoreResults
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLAllocHandle
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLSetEnvAttr
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLConnect
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLPrepare
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLExecute
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .SQLFreeHandle
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.

UnixODBC is installed at /usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This e-mail message, including any files and attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or personal information. Individual recipients of this e-mail message are expected to honor the internal and confidential nature of the e-mail and not forward it via the Internet or by any other means to persons who are not listed as addressees without proper authorization.  If you are not an intended recipient of this email, do not save, disclose, print, forward or copy this email, and delete it immediately.  Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be a violation of federal and/or state law and regulations.

If you receive this information in error, please immediately notify Dallas Baptist University via telephone at 214-333-5500 or via email at info at dbu.edu.  Dallas Baptist University hereby claims all applicable privileges related to this information.