[freetds] unicode

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Fri Jul 25 10:06:36 EDT 2008

Murray, Laura (US) wrote:

> I also tried some settings in freetds.conf to get a log file....but
> still no log file:
>
> [jjptrng]
>         host = xx.xx.x.xx   <---didn't want to post our ip....:)
>         port = 1433
>         tds version = 8.0
>         client charset = UTF-8
>         dump file = /opt/oracle/odbc/etc/freetds.log
>         debug level = 10
>         dump file append = yes

Both alternatives work.  If you use TDSDUMP, the variable must exist in
the environment of the process running the FreeTDS library.  I can imagine
that would be a little tricky with your setup.

If you use the "dump file" property of freetds.conf, be sure you're using
an ODBC-Combined configuration.  (I assume your gateway relies on ODBC.)
If you don't specify the server using the "Servername" connection
attribute, freetds.conf will not be consulted and the dump file will not
be generated.

HTH.