[freetds] SQSH/FREETDS & MS SQLSERVER 2005 - *** glibc detected *** sqsh: double free or corruption

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Wed Jul 2 21:05:11 EDT 2008

William Lin wrote:

> I have a repeatable issue with freetds/0.82 and sqsh/2.15 on both
> cygwin(1.5.25) and Kubuntu 7.10. I compiled freetds and sqsh from source
> code under gcc. When I do "go | less" in sqsh, it just crashes from time
> to time, and error is always something like:
>
> *** glibc detected *** sqsh: double free or corruption

I'm unable to reproduce your error.  I guess that's the "from time to
time" part.

I suggest you run sqsh under gdb and get a backtrace when it fails.
You'll want to make sure sqsh and the freetds libraries are compiled with
-g and not stripped.

If you got a sqsh.core, you should be able to backtrace it with something
like:

	gdb -c sqsh.core -e $(command -v sqsh)

HTH.