[freetds] Microsoft SQL Server 2005 TDS Version?

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Sun Jun 15 23:59:32 EDT 2008

Wei, Alice J. wrote:
> I wonder if anyone know what is the latest tds version I should put in.
> The last one I checked is 2000 for a 8.0.

The TDS protocol changes slowly.  You're perfectly fine connecting with
7.0 or 8.0 to a SQL Server 2005 machine.

FreeTDS currently implements almost none of the protocol changes
introduced with 2005.  That only means that features introduced with 2005
that rely on those changes -- e.g. MARS -- will not be available to you.