[freetds] Problem retrieveing results from bottom to top

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Fri Jun 13 07:52:01 EDT 2008

Hi Daniel,

> Should I have known you were going to make it part of the project I
> would have been more carefull with the comments, name of the created
> temp table, etc.

We mustn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  You pointed out some
very complicated behavior, and generously produced a test program
illustrating it.  I thought the least I could do was incorporate it in the
unit tests, where we can hack on it and where it will remind us how the
thing is supposed to behave.

> To tell you the truth I only sent it as part of the
> bug report, as it was an easy way of showing that some records are
> returned twice.

And that's entirely to your credit!

I can't think of a FreeTDS unit test that could be confused with a work of
art.  They were mostly written for exactly the same reason, and in much
the same way, as was yours: to test specific behavior.  I'd say that puts
you in pretty good company.  ;-)

Regards,