[freetds] Using PHP mssql_init/bind for sending Unicode to StoredProcedures

Thomas, Christopher (LLU) cwthomas at llu.edu
Mon Jun 9 12:28:17 EDT 2008

You are probably correct in that there is no Unicode support in the
php-mssql library. One of the goals of PHP 6 is to have full Unicode
support. There is a Google SOC person helping to complete this project:
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/php/appinfo.html?csaid=AD4803BA9A70BCB3
. If you can, I would download a PHP 6 snapshot and install it on a test
box and see what the mssql library looks like. By looking at the logs in
the source tree, I doubt they have got around to it yet. If this is so,
you might consider submitting a ticket to PHP so they know about it.

Chris