[freetds] [Fwd: Problems configuring php with freetds]

me at mikesoh.com me at mikesoh.com
Wed Jun 4 15:58:02 EDT 2008

Thanks for the response!

Touching the two files worked; however, now I can't connect to the
databases using PHP:

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to open socket
(severity 9) in /home/sohmc/www/mssql_functions.php on line 4

Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to
server: 192.168.2.30 in /home/sohmc/www/mssql_functions.php on line 4

Warning: mssql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MS SQL-Link
resource in /home/sohmc/www/mssql_functions.php on line 7
Unable to connect to the database.

I've verified that the server is up and running using the methods
described here:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/serverthere.htm

telnet and tsql all show the server is up.

Any thoughts?