[freetds] Problem retrieveing results from a query with an IMAGE field

Frediano Ziglio freddy77 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:31:50 EDT 2008

Il giorno mer, 04/06/2008 alle 15.05 -0300, Daniel A. Veiga ha scritto:
> This is the TDSDUMP log generated for the same program I sent the
> unixODBC log file for. I hope it helps ...
>
>                               Daniel

it helps, it helps :)

The code which cause the problem is in _SQLFetch

/* TODO change when we code cursors support... */
/* stop looping, forward cursor support only one row */
num_rows = 1;

well.. this tell to stop processing rows if an unbinded column is found.
This is done to allow getting results using SQLGetData however we send a
cursor fetch for 20 rows so in this case we have still to read 19 rows
when SQLFetchScroll returns :(

Well... for forward only cursors this is correct for perhaps for cursors
is not... I think the correct processing should be fetch all 20 rows or
request only a row (I think the last is the most probable)... I'll have
to test.