[freetds] Problem retrieveing results from a query with anIMAGE field

Daniel A. Veiga dveiga at advtechnology.com.ar
Wed Jun 4 12:03:21 EDT 2008

This is the smaller (16K) log file I could generate that includes the
error. If you search for "SQLFetchScroll" you'll find that the first
rowset (20 rows) are returned with SQL_SUCCESS, but internally
something went wrong, as any other operation (in the example another
SQLFetchScroll to get the next 20 rows) returns SQL_ERROR and state
24000 (Invalid cursor state).

Note 1: The table has more than 40 rows.
Note 2: Only the first row has data in the blob field (about 100
bytes). If SQLFetchScroll does not get any row with data in the blob
field, no error is reported.
Note 3: The log file was generated under Linux. So it does not contain
'\r\n' after each row, only '\n' as it is standard in that OS. If you
open the file from MS Notepad it is not shown correctly. Please use MS
Wordpad if openning under MS Windows instead.

Bye

                                           Daniel