[freetds] TDS versions

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Wed Jun 4 04:13:17 EDT 2008

Just some considerations:

What's MCPP advantages?? Why I should read a documentation that just
describe what we discovered in all these years with network analisys,
some additional bits (yes, bits, not big structures) and some protocol
details covered by patents (that I already half understood by network
analisy as you can see from very earlies implementations already in
CVS...). I think we should not read these documentations. At least
before fully understanding the limits that Microsoft seems to impose...
and as my understanding I'll have to stop coding MARS and similar stuff
:(

Personally I don't want change FreeTDS licenses to MIT or similar. I
like the idea to give sql server access to Unix software, even
commercial ones but I don't want to see my code stolen and put in
commercial software without feedback, LGPL protect this and allow
commercial use. Do any Windows developer have to pay something to access
mssql ?? I think not, the permission to access it is contained in
windows... just buy windows and access mssql. I don't understand why
Unix users should pay...

Frediano Ziglio