[freetds] DBD::Sybase compatibility

Ian Goldstein iang at optonline.net
Sun Jun 1 22:45:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am wondering how I maintain the DBD::Sybase module if I already have a
stable working copy of DBD::Sybase.  I currently use this on the Solaris
platform to successfully connect to Sybase.

It is my understanding from reading the docs, that I need to recompile the
DBD::Sybase using the Freetds libraries.
So,  how can I maintain 2 DBD::Sybase modules?  An assumption that should be
made is that I would never  need to access an SQL Server and Sybase at the
same time.

thanks again in advance.

Ian