[freetds] PHP/FreeTDS on Itanium2 and RHEL 5.1 without recompile

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Fri May 30 04:04:55 EDT 2008

> Hello,
>
> In the EPEL repo, there is the 0.64 version of FreeTDS. I
> don't know if
> there is a pre compiled one for Itatium2. If not, you can always
> download the 0.82 tar from the FreeTDS website. There is a spec file
> inside so, you can use rpmbuild on the tar. Once FreeTDS is installed,
> you can install the php-mssql rpm from the EPEL repo. If there isn't a
> pre compiled version, you can get the php-extras source rpm from the
> same repo, and do an rpmbuild.
>
> Make sure you installed the dependencies like php-devel, unixODBC, and
> others or the installs and rpmbuilds won't complete.
>
> Chris

It's a long time I don't build any rpm package however:
- you should be able to recompile FreeTDS with "rpmbuild -ta
freetds-0.82.tar.gz"
- time ago there was an option to allow package recompile of php
module... I think you have to recompile php with something like
"rpmbuild --rebuild --with-mssql php-XXXXX" or was "--define 'mssql
1'"... you should find correct option on internet... then you can
install php module (is not necessary to install again php, just
php-mssqlXXXX)

freddy77