[freetds] FreeTDS Digest, Vol 64, Issue 44

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Thu May 29 10:39:32 EDT 2008

Jason wrote:
> >I'm not going to actually build it for you, but I might be able to help
> >you decypher what's happening.
>
> Here's the error that stops the compile (there are several previous
> warnings about types being redefined -

Let's take it from the top, as it were.  Those warnings might be an
indicication you need to change your configure options or otherwise adjust
your build environment.  What are they?  I wouldn't dismiss them just
because the compiler kept going.

> but those don't seem to be stopping things:
>
> main\internal_functions.c(69) : error C2065: 'phpext_dblib_ptr' :
> undeclared identifier
> main\internal_functions.c(69) : error C2099: initializer is not a
> constant NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.

That's probably telling you 'phpext_dblib_ptr' is declared as a variable
whose type is undefined.

Please post the URL from which you downloaded your PHP sources.  I fetched
 php5.2-200805271630.tar.bz2.  It doesn't include a file by that name or a
variable by that name:

$ find . -name internal_functions*.c
./main/internal_functions_nw.c
./main/internal_functions_win32.c
$ find . -name \*.c | xargs  grep -n phpext_dblib_ptr | wc -l
       0