[freetds] FreeTDS Digest, Vol 64, Issue 44

Jason networkadmin at emarket2.com
Thu May 29 03:33:07 EDT 2008

At 20:47 28/05/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Jason,
>
>You give me too much credit.  I literally don't know where to start.

:) no problem.

>Are you saying the code for php_mssql.dll is included in the source
>distribution for PHP?  Is the file ext/sybase/php_sybase_db.c?

My (somewhat limited) understanding is that the code for the DLL is
in the ext/mssql folder as the only difference is what tds library
the extension links against.

>I scanned README.WIN32-BUILD-SYSTEM.  What options are you passing to
>configure.js.  What error messages are you seeing from the compiler when
>you invoke nmake?

No options on the "nmake" command itself, but the configure command
looks like this:

D:\PHPWIN32\php-5.2.5>cscript configure.js --with-dblib
--with-extra-includes=ext\dblib

>I'm not going to actually build it for you, but I might be able to help
>you decypher what's happening.

Fair enough, I appreciate the help!

Here's the error that stops the compile (there are several previous
warnings about types being redefined - but those don't seem to be
stopping things:

main\internal_functions.c(69) : error C2065: 'phpext_dblib_ptr' :
undeclared identifier
main\internal_functions.c(69) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Jason