[freetds] Win32 copy of the php_dblib.dll (was: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 64, Issue 42)

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Wed May 28 14:22:08 EDT 2008

Jason wrote:
> The extension (when building on Win32) is actually the php_mssql.dll
> extension, but you specify a make option which changes the build to
> compile against dblib rather than the MS SQL libraries.
>
> The make configuration option is "--with-dblib". This turns
> php_mssql.dll into php_dblib.dll during the build.

Hi Jason,

You give me too much credit.  I literally don't know where to start.

Are you saying the code for php_mssql.dll is included in the source
distribution for PHP?  Is the file ext/sybase/php_sybase_db.c?

I scanned README.WIN32-BUILD-SYSTEM.  What options are you passing to
configure.js.  What error messages are you seeing from the compiler when
you invoke nmake?

I'm not going to actually build it for you, but I might be able to help
you decypher what's happening.

--jkl