[freetds] Problem with FreeTDS validating SQL commands (actually a ct_cancel() error)

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Tue May 20 22:24:34 EDT 2008

Stephane Magne wrote:
> the case statement for CS_CANCEL_ALL, there is a
> line of code missing.
>
> In the case of _CS_COMMAND_SENT, the cancel_state isn't being set
> properly.
> So the final line of the case statement should be
>
> case _CS_COMMAND_SENT:

Hi Stephane,

Cancelling is very tricky to get right, and I'm glad for your attention to
it in ct-lib, because we currently lack an expert.  But I'm afraid neither
your reasoning nor your remedy is quite clear to me yet.  :-(

Could you post the output of "diff -u" so I can see exactly what you mean
by "the final line", and explain again how the logic goes awry?  I would
be much obliged.

Regards,