[freetds] Apple xcode or objective-c example

Kevin Voell kevin.voell at mac.com
Sun May 18 20:39:54 EDT 2008

I'm making some progress on a getting freetds example working with an
xcode application.

I have gotten apps/bsqldb.c to compile successfully with xcode, but I
get the following error when I run it:

Current language:  auto; currently objective-c
(null): Msg 20009, Level 9
Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist

Assertion failed: (dbproc != NULL), function main, file /Users/Kevin/
Documents/Source/Code/cocoaSQL/main.m, line 182.

Line 182 is:
dbproc = dbopen(login, options.servername);

The SQL server I'm trying to connect to is a mySQL 5.0 server running
on another one of my OS X boxes.  I am able to connect to the server
using CocoaMySql (an OS X admin tool) so I know the server is running
and is accessible.

Guess my question is what is an adaptive server?

Thanks for any help :)

Kevin