[freetds] Status: 0.82 RELEASED

Johnny C. Lam jlam at pkgsrc.org
Thu May 8 12:30:37 EDT 2008

James K. Lowden wrote:
> Johnny C. Lam wrote:
  >> the only remaining issue we have is some minor problem with
>> installing the documentation in a non-default directory
>
> I'm not sure I understand.  When I run "make install", everything winds up
> where it should.  What configure option isn't being followed?  Or is it
> something else?

The problem only occurs if you try to install the documentation in a
non-default directory.  The following are the relevant parts of
doc/Makefile.am:

     DOCDIR = doc/freetds-$(VERSION)
     TARGET_DOCDIR = $(DESTDIR)$(datadir)/$(DOCDIR)

     nobase_data_DATA	= $(DOCDIR)/reference/index.html \
			  $(DOCDIR)/userguide/index.htm

"nobase_data_DATA" is the wrong variable to use here because those files
are ultimately installed (along with the rest of the documentation) by
the custom "install-data-local" target in doc/Makefile.am.  Use
"noinst_DATA" instead so that the files aren't installed by any standard
target.  I've tested this change to work using:

     make install TARGET_DOCDIR=/usr/local/share/doc/freetds

With this change, I no longer get the following additional files:

     /usr/local/share/doc/freetds-0.82/reference/index.html
     /usr/local/share/doc/freetds-0.82/userguide/index.htm

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny C. Lam