[freetds] Empty Error Messages

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Mon May 5 09:48:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am having an issue that I and the developers believe may be a freetds
problem.  If our php application queries the database and generates an
error, freetds doesn't seem to pass the error message back to the php
app.

It looks like we are getting the following back whenever this happens:
(00000, 0, (null) [0] (severity 0) [(null)], 0, 0)

I haven't been able to find anything about this on the web.
I am using:

php 5.2.5
freetds-0.64
RHEL 4 Update 6 (not sure that matters)
Also note that within php, we are using both the straight mssql_* calls
and the PDO version.

TIA,

Greg Wojtak
The Linux Fix