[freetds] OpenVMS compatibility

Craig A. Berry craigberry at mac.com
Mon May 5 08:56:12 EDT 2008

At 9:44 AM +0200 5/3/08, Nagy Gyorgy wrote:

>I have a compatibility question.
>Can I use FreeTDS on my config:
>
>- OpenVMS Alpha V6.2
>- DEC C V5.0-003

v6.2 was released in 1995 and C v5.0 was probably similar.  In other
words, you are trying to build modern software on a thirteen-year-old
build environment that hasn't seen any upgrades.

>- MMK V3.9-10
>
>Actually I've tried FREETDS 0.82 RC but unfortunately I got messages
>like below:
>
>#pragma message disable PTRMISMATCH1
>....................................^
>%CC-W-UNKMSGID, Unknown message id or group "PTRMISMATCH1" is ignored.
>at line number 292 in file USER:[NAGY.FREETDS.INCLUDE]CONFIG.H;6
>
>#pragma extern_prefix save
>......................^
>%CC-I-UNAVAILPRAGMA, The pragma "extern_prefix" is not available on this
>platform.
>at line number 297 in file USER:[NAGY.FREETDS.INCLUDE]CONFIG.H;6
>
>#pragma extern_prefix "freetds_" (getpass)
>......................^
>%CC-I-UNAVAILPRAGMA, The pragma "extern_prefix" is not available on this
>platform.
>at line number 300 in file USER:[NAGY.FREETDS.INCLUDE]CONFIG.H;6
>
>So my question is, what version of FREETDS compatible with my configuration?

None that I'm aware of.  If you can get to a C compiler in the v6.x
era at least, then it should "just" be a matter of replacing what's
missing from the CRTL.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry at mac.com

 difficult than getting in."