[freetds] Output parameters

Gunther Van Butsele gvb at velleman.be
Wed Apr 23 10:25:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting my output parameters returned in PHP from
an sql server stored procedure. This is the code used, it is fairly
straightforward:

$canLogin = 666;
$websiteID = 2;

$sp = mssql_init('sp_web_WebsiteEnabled');
mssql_bind($sp, '@WebsiteID', $websiteID, SQLINT4, false); // INT
mssql_bind($sp, '@Enabled',   $canLogin,  SQLINT1, true);  // TINYINT
(OUTPUT)
mssql_execute($sp);

// $canLogin is still 666

I'm using freetds 0.64 with PHP 5.2.0 and Microsoft SQL Server 2000. My
freetds.conf file has tds version 8.0 (7.0 doesn't work either). The
apache server is running on freeBSD.

Do you need to compile with special options to get output parameters to
work for SQL Server 2000? I think RETVAL is also not working but I'd
need to test to make sure.

What could be the problem? The PHP version? FreeTDS setup? SQL Server
version?

Kind regards,
Gunther