[freetds] CONFIGURE ERROR: cannot run C compiled programs

Joe Lushinski joe.lushinski at corp.aol.com
Fri Apr 4 14:34:17 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm trying to install FreeTDS on Mac OS 10.4 on a MacBook Pro (intel
cpu)

I installed all the DevTools from Apple to get the compiles and other
utilities.

I get the following error when trying to CONFIGURE a MAKEFILE for the
first time:

checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run
C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

The CONFIG.LOG file does contain a little more info, but I don't know
what to make of it. Can you help be decipher this:

configure:2517: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:2523: ./a.out
./configure: line 1:  1493 Bus error               ./$ac_file
configure:2526: $? = 138
configure:2535: error: cannot run C compiled programs.