[freetds] Long column names and PHP

Thomas, Christopher (LLU) cwthomas at llu.edu
Fri Sep 29 16:34:37 EDT 2006

When phpinfo() is run, this is what I get for the mssql section, even
though I have changed the version to 8.0 in the freetds.conf file:

mssql
      MSSQL Supportenabled
      Active Persistent Links 0
      Active Links 0
      Library version 7.0

      DirectiveLocal ValueMaster Value
      mssql.allow_persistentOnOn
      mssql.batchsize00
      mssql.compatability_modeOffOff
      mssql.connect_timeout55
      mssql.datetimeconvertOnOn
      mssql.max_linksUnlimitedUnlimited
      mssql.max_persistentUnlimitedUnlimited
      mssql.max_procs2525
      mssql.min_error_severity1010
      mssql.min_message_severity1010
      mssql.secure_connectionOffOff
      mssql.textlimitServer defaultServer default
      mssql.textsizeServer defaultServer default
      mssql.timeout6060

You can override the freetds.conf file by using putenv('TDSVER=80') to
change the version.

Chris