[freetds] Long column names and PHP

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Thu Sep 28 22:37:58 EDT 2006

Frank M. Kromann wrote:
> Just checked PHP5.2 sources and there is no references to the TDS
> version used.
>
> All it displays is:
>
> MSSQL Support => enabled
> Active Persistent Links => 0
> Active Links => 0
> Library version => FreeTDS
>
> I think it would be possible to show the default version, but as the
> version can be specified in freetds.conf (per connection) it does not
> make much sense to display it.

Thanks for looking into it Frank.  Now it's a mystery what the OP meant by
"phpinfo() still reports 7.0".

FWIW, I think it would still be worthwhile for a PHP script to be able to
interrogate the connection to discover the TDS version currently in force.
 Yes, one can set it in freetds.conf, but for a variety of reasons (wrong
directory, wrong dataserver section, etc.) it might not get used.

Regards,

--jkl