[freetds] Problem connecting to SQL server on linux

Frederik Teerlinck largowww at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 12:21:44 EDT 2006

Tried all that, but it didn't make a difference. However, meanwhile I did
find the solution. Once more I checked if I had the correct settings for my
datasource in freetds.conf and I noticed that I had a freetds.conf in
/usr/local/etc and one in /etc. I've copied one over the other and now it
seems to be working perfect.

Thanks for all the usefull help!

2006/9/26, Lowden, James K <james.k.lowden at alliancebernstein.com>:

> [...]

Removed this, but no that made no difference

> ::::::::::::::
> > odbcinst.ini
> > ::::::::::::::
> > [TDS]
> > Description             = FreeTDS
> > Driver          = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsodbc.so
> > Setup           = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsS.so
> > FileUsage               = 1
>
> These aren't needed:
>
> > CPTimeout               =
> > CPReuse         =
> > UsageCount = 1

Removed these also, but also no difference

Does your database have the same name as your server?  This will display
> your default database:
>
>         $ echo 'select db_name()' \
>           | bsqldb -q -S MYDBNAME -U MYUID -P MYPWD

Yes this returns MYDBNAME as default  database.

The IP-address of the server only needs to be specified in