[freetds] FreeTDS, DBD::Sybase, MS SQL Server and multiple result sets

michael.peppler at bnpparibas.com michael.peppler at bnpparibas.com
Tue Sep 12 01:42:56 EDT 2006

DBD::Sybase supports multiple result sets. If you check the DBD::Sybase man
page you'll see a couple of examples. The general idea is to code your
fetch loop like this:

$sth = $dbh->prepare(...);
$sth->execute;

REDO: {
    while($row = $sth->fetch) {
    }
    redo REDO if $sth->{syb_more_results};
};

Michael

Internet
sam at knowledgepool.com@lists.ibiblio.org - 09/09/2006 23:24

Please respond to freetds at lists.ibiblio.org

Sent by:    freetds-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org

To:    freetds

cc:

Subject:    [freetds] FreeTDS, DBD::Sybase,     MS SQL Server and multiple
       result sets

I have been using the above combination for a couple of years quite
successfully.

I now need to be able to process more than one result set from a stored
procedure.

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to use DBD::Sybase with MS-SQL
server 2000 and have any success with multiple result sets?

I can see that they work in tsql.  I have a stored procedure that
returns multiple result sets and I can see these results in tsql.  I
have not been able to read anything other than the first result set with
DBD::Sybase.

I am just looking for a quick yes that should work, or no if definitely
won't in which case I can stop banging my head against this particular
brick wall.

Thanks

sam