[freetds] severely lost with Perl/FreeTDS/ODBC/MSSQL

Robert Dobbs bobisdobbs at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 20:29:05 EDT 2006

Hi all, I'm hoping someone has gotten DBD::ODBC to
work in Linux with FreeTDS and MS-SQL.  The docs have
instructions on how to set up JDBC for Sybase ODBC
connections, but they don't give an example for doing
the same thing with an MS-SQL server.

I had things set up using FreeTDS with DBD::Sybase to
connect to MSSQL, and it even worked with DBIx::Class
to create rows... then golly gee, when it tried to
update, it uses placeholders, so I got a segfault:
"ct_send(CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT) returned 0 at
/usr/lib/perl5/DBD/Sybase.pm line 124."

That's why I want to try FreeTDS with ODBC.  It works
to use ? placeholders with ODBC, right?

Does someone have an example of a freetds.conf section
and odbcinst.ini that work with MSSQL?

Or is there some other way to connect so I can use ?
placeholders?

Thanks....

Mark