[freetds] Simple queries failing

jklowden at schemamania.org jklowden at schemamania.org
Fri Sep 1 00:32:01 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 03:56:36PM +0000, kentozier at comcast.net wrote:
> Hi
>
> I developed an application with MySQL and am now in the process of translating the queries to work with MSSQL but am having a terrible time trying to get even the simplest queries to work with freetds. For example, the following query works in MySQL (and even works with MSSQL if I use Aqua Data Studio) but fails when run through freetds
> Are there some environment variables that would block such simple queries from working in freetds?

Please provide more information.  Best would be a TDSDUMP log of your
results.

*All* queries work in FreeTDS, insofar as the library merely communicates your
query to the server and its results back to you.

Make sure you're actually connecting.  Try your qeury with tsql, then look at
your result processing loop.

HTH.