[freetds] Simple queries failing

kentozier at comcast.net kentozier at comcast.net
Thu Aug 31 11:56:36 EDT 2006

Hi

I developed an application with MySQL and am now in the process of translating the queries to work with MSSQL but am having a terrible time trying to get even the simplest queries to work with freetds. For example, the following query works in MySQL (and even works with MSSQL if I use Aqua Data Studio) but fails when run through freetds

select id, site_name from site order by site_name asc

My freetds.conf setting for the target database is

[MyDatabase]
      host = myhost.com
      port = 1433
      tds version = 8.0

Are there some environment variables that would block such simple queries from working in freetds?