[freetds] trouble installing DBD SYbase

chiang.tan at truenergy.com.au chiang.tan at truenergy.com.au
Tue Aug 29 23:22:02 EDT 2006

John,
make test always fail with freeTDS.
You should skip make test step. Move straight to make install.

Cheers,
Chiang Tan

John_Corcoran at trepp.com
Sent by: freetds-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
30/08/2006 06:54 AM
Please respond to
FreeTDS Development Group <freetds at lists.ibiblio.org>

freetds at lists.ibiblio.org
cc

Subject
[freetds] trouble installing DBD SYbase

 Hi,

I'm using 5.005_03 built on Linux 2.2.19, trying to connect to SQL Server
2000

After successfully installing PERL DBI 1.37 and freetds 0.64 on the box. I

run
into problems when trying to install DBD Sybase 1.07.

I've set my SYBASE env. variable to point to /usr/local, which is the
location
of the freetds librarys and interfaces file.  I then run the following
commands
successfully when trying to install DBD Sybase

perl Makefile.PL
make

However, I run into problems with running make test:

I get the following error.

Failed 11/12 test scripts, 8.33% okay. 206/216 subtests failed, 4.63%
okay.

To get more information I run the following command,
perl -Mblib t/base.t, and then get this error:

install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't locate loadable object for module
DBD::Sybase in @INC (@INC contains: /tmp/DBD-Sybase-1.07/t/../blib/arch
/tmp/DBD-Sybase-1.07/t/../blib/lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.005 /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux
/usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5 .) at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a module that DBD::Sybase requires hasn't been fully installed
 at base.t line 18

Does anyone know why I'm getting seg fault when trying to install Sybase

Thanks