[freetds] mingw, gcc 3.4.2 & freetds-0.64

Dave sfngilm at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 16 14:59:23 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Has anybody had any luck compiling freetds 0.64 under mingw?   I've tried the default options to configure, as well as:
--prefix=/usr/local/freetds --disable-odbc --build=mingw32 --disable-server --disable-poool --disable-shared .

While the static libraries appear to build fine, tsql bombs out on references to gettimeofday (tsql.c:215) and readpassphrase(tsql.c 409).  I tried commenting out that functionality in tsql, but then I got conflicting types for PARAMDATA (declared in oleauto.h and freebcp.h).

If anybody has any hints I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
David