[freetds] Setting for returned column size in FreeTDS?

James K. Lowden jklowden at freetds.org
Tue Aug 15 00:25:31 EDT 2006

Ken Tozier wrote:
> I'm from the future you see : )

Perhaps, grasshopper.  Those who know me say I am from the past.

> I think I compiled it with either 7.0 or 8.0 I don't remember now. Is
> there a way to find out which protocol version it's using?

"tsql -C" tells you the compiled-in default.  Usually that's overridden by
something in freetds.conf.  The TDSVER environment variable overrides
those.  You can check with the TDSDUMP variable; the top of the log shows
the protocol version.

HTH.