[freetds] Setting for returned column size in FreeTDS?

Ken Tozier kentozier at comcast.net
Mon Aug 14 19:55:08 EDT 2006

Hi

I'm having this puzzling problem where the largest size column data I
can get back is 255 characters regardless of how much the column
field might contain. I'm not sure if this is caused by a MSSQL
setting or a FreeTDS one. Is there some prefs/settings file that puts
a cap on how much data to return for a column? Or does this sound
like it's something in MSSQL that's causing the problem?

I'm not having these types of problems with MySQL so it must be
either FreeTDS or MSSQL

Thanks

Ken