[freetds] There was a problem connecting to the server onFreeTDS.64

Matt Kurtis mkurtis1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 14:44:56 EDT 2006

I think that MSDE must be installed wrong then.  It says it is running, I have an SQL icon in my system tray that says "Running - \\2800PLUS MSSQLServer", but I don't have srvnetcn.exe so I can't configure TCP connections.  I am using the MSDE file from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=413744D1-A0BC-479F-BAFA-E4B278EB9147&displaylang=en#filelist and I installed it from the command line with a SAPWD, but it doesn't say anything like "installed completed", it just finishes and when I reboot I have the SQL Server icon in my system tray.

Thanks