[freetds] There was a problem connecting to the server on FreeTDS .64

Matt Kurtis mkurtis1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 15:08:50 EDT 2006

I installed FreeTDS and it didn't give me any errors on installation, so I guess it installed right.  When I try to tsql -S JDBC -U guest -P sybase it gives me
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
Msg 20009, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Server is unavailable or does not exist.
There was a problem connecting to the server

so I must have done something wrong.  Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks