[freetds] FreeTDS 0.64, AIX 5.2, xlc - make check seg fault in ctlib

Lowden, James K james.k.lowden at alliancebernstein.com
Fri Jul 28 14:39:13 EDT 2006

I don't know anything about AIX, Luke, but it looks to me like you have
ct-lib symbols.  From your transcript:

(gdb) n
90              ret = cs_ctx_alloc(CS_VERSION_100, ctx);
(gdb) s
cs_ctx_alloc (version=112, ctx=0x2ff22b40) at cs.c:199

	You are now in cs.c, i.e. libct.a.  You have those symbols.

199             *ctx = (CS_CONTEXT *) malloc(sizeof(CS_CONTEXT));
(gdb) n
200             memset(*ctx, '\0', sizeof(CS_CONTEXT));
(gdb) n
201             tds_ctx = tds_alloc_context(*ctx);
(gdb) s

	tds_alloc_context() is in libtds, and the fact that you can't
step into it indicates to me that you're missing libtds symbols.  I
think you'll find that libtds is a *static* library.  It might be that
the symbols are stripped on linking?  Or something like that.

HTH.

The information contained in this transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions.  If you, as the intended recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients, prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply" to the
sender indicating your wishes.  In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New York,
NY 10105.