[freetds] segmentation error on freebcp

cathy.lindros at iff.com cathy.lindros at iff.com
Thu Jul 27 16:32:02 EDT 2006

We have installed freetds and are having no problems with tsql.  However,
we can not run freebcp.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Below are details for reporting the issue.

The command below was issued which resulted in Segmentation Fault.

$ freebcp cwb.dbo.costbook out test.dat -U {dbuser_id}  -P {dbpass} -S
{db_server}  -I /usr/sybase/freeware/freetds/etc/freetds.conf -c
Segmentation fault(coredump)

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (clustered) sp3a

Table definition
CREATE TABLE dbo.CostBook
(
    costbookcode     [CostBookCodeType]  NOT NULL,
    ipc              [ipctype]           NOT NULL,
    mnc              float               NULL,
    mncworkingcost   float               NULL,
    mnclastupdate    datetime            NULL,
    mncvalid         [yntype]            NULL,
    mcp              float               NULL,
    mcpworkingcost   float               NULL,
    mcplastupdate    datetime            NULL,
    mcpvalid         [yntype]            NULL,
    comment          [commenttype]       NULL,
    TariffCalculated float               NULL,
    MaterialCost     float               NULL,
    Seqnum           numeric(20,0)       NOT NULL,
    ActionType       char(1)             NOT NULL,
    ActionDateTime   [enterdatetimetype] NOT NULL,
    ProcessIndicator char(1)             NOT NULL,
    ProcessDateTime  [enterdatetimetype] NOT NULL
)
go

System info
------------------
OS   -   AIX 5.3
Hardware Arch - IBM P Series running AIX 5.3
 freebcp version $Id: freebcp.c,v 1.34.2.1 2005/02/03 09:39:14 freddy77 Exp
$

Below are the details from error log.
LABEL:          CORE_DUMP
IDENTIFIER:     B6048838

Date/Time:       Thu Jul 27 15:34:23 EDT 2006
Sequence Number: 139
Machine Id:      00C7834B4C00
Node Id:         usubsysc01
Class:           S
Type:            PERM
Resource Name:   SYSPROC

Description
SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED

Probable Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM

User Causes
USER GENERATED SIGNAL

        Recommended Actions
        CORRECT THEN RETRY

Failure Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM

        Recommended Actions
        RERUN THE APPLICATION PROGRAM
        IF PROBLEM PERSISTS THEN DO THE FOLLOWING
        CONTACT APPROPRIATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE

Detail Data
SIGNAL NUMBER
          11
USER'S PROCESS ID:
                286744
FILE SYSTEM SERIAL NUMBER
          13
INODE NUMBER
           2
PROCESSOR ID
           0
CORE FILE NAME
/usr/sybase/core
PROGRAM NAME
freebcp
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
??
dbinit 64

Symptom Data
REPORTABLE
1
INTERNAL ERROR
0
SYMPTOM CODE
PCSS/SPI2 FLDS/freebcp SIG/4 FLDS/dbinit VALU/64