[freetds] basic install OK but can't get PHP to work

kenn kenn at printussery.com
Thu Jul 27 14:16:55 EDT 2006

Lowden, James K wrote:
> [...]

I actually don't seem to have an odbc.ini ... I somehow got the idea
that it wasn't essential, so I probably misread something -- will check.

I don't know that I need ODBC -- I just want to achieve read-only access
to an existing mssql database ...

Two questions in that regard:  1. Do you know what packages I would need
to install in order to use db-lib -- I can't seem to find a Debian
package that includes the right stuff.

2.  In looking around for it, I did find php4-sybase ... Can that be
used to achieve my goal?  Or am I looking at this incorrectly?

Thanks.

kennM