[freetds] go on with problem compiling freetds-0.64

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Mon Jul 24 10:00:25 EDT 2006

>   I set the environment variable LDFLAGS as you told me but
> when the ./config command start (with no options) i got the
> following error:
>
>   checking for gcc... gcc
>   checking for C compiler default output file name...
> configure: error: C compiler
>   cannot create executables
>   See `config.log' for more details.
>
>   I think it's because i don't have the dynamic-gcc-4.0.0
> library, is it possible? And the question is: where i can find it?
>
>   Thanks

I think this is a linker problem so is not related to gcc.
It seems that pic code in AIX is so different that it require a
different name mangling. For this reason linking pic and no-pic is not
that easy...
I would try to detect what program wants and what libraries provide
using nm with something like

nm -B src/tds/.libs/libtds.so
nm -B src/dblib/.libs/libsybdb.so
nm -B src/ctlib/.libs/libct.so

(replace -B with -p if it doesn't work, I'm not sure about .so extension
for AIX).